Friday, April 27, 2007

Modern Sayings (not really slang but who makes the rules)

I think these are statements where made by Irelands pillars of society Podge and Rodge. Not really slang but I think they are worth a mention. Thanks to Fr Crilly from boards.ie

  • She's got more chins than a Chinese phone book
  • She had a face on her like a well slapped arse.
  • You're as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.
  • He has rubber-lined pockets so he can steal soup.
  • He thinks manual labour is a Spanish musician.
  • As funny as a burning orphanage.
  • I'm as sick as a plane to Lourdes.
  • (when leaving) I'm off like a debs dress.
  • As busy as the Derry dole office.
  • Sweatin' like a paedophile in a Barney suit.
  • As tight as a nun's knickers.
  • I'm so horny I'd get up on the crack of dawn.
  • I'd crawl a million miles across broken glass to kiss the exhaust of the van that took her dirty knickers to the laundry.
  • No show pony but would do for a ride around the house.
  • What would ye expect from a pig but a grunt.
  • A mickey the size of a double-value can of Right Guard.
  • Jaysus, she could breastfeed a crèche.
  • As fit as a butcher's dog.
  • Not even the tide would take her out.
  • Mother Teresa wouldn't kiss her.
  • Daz wouldn't shift her.
  • Des Kelly wouldn't lay her.
  • A sniper wouldn't take her out.
  • The Titanic wouldn't go down on her.
  • Jaysus, ya wouldn't ride her into battle.
  • If I'd a bag of bruised willies I wouldn't give her one.
  • She has a face on her like a bulldog that's just licked piss off a nettle.
  • She wouldn't get a kick in a stampede.
  • She had a f@nny like a badly packed kebab.
  • If I'd a garden full of mickeys I wouldn't let her look over the wall.
  • Give her a boot in the arse and a bucket of mickeys would fall out of her.
Apologies to all the members of the fairer s*x, feel free to comment or send me recommendations for other phrases or slang.

Have a good weekend

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your comments quite usefull, actually. I who am new in Ireland (from Mexico) will now have an easier time understanding people. thank you for publishing the sayings and slang

John Paul Cline

Unknown said...

What is Irish slang for a lesbian?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it .... Sooo fxxking distastful towards woman .
Your obviously a bloke ... Here was silly little Irish me looking for some creative modern sayings .

Anonymous said...

um im a women ireland and i think these are hilarious, love em ha its all just some fun sure its not ment to aim at women its just a joke please comaan guys n girls set your gender aside and have a laugh!

shoegal said...

oh so funny....although the one about the kebab gave me pause for thought haha....